1. Full-Time Coordinator. Robin Knight provides programming and veteran-related services and advocates for military-connected students on college policy, practice, and procedures. She is the primary point of contact to support the students in education benefits and service referrals.
2. Military and Veterans Service Center. Located in the Brock Student Center, the center provides a designated space for service members and veterans to decompress, find a sense of camaraderie, and develop a support network among each other. It also provides space for outside resource organizations to meet and offer services to students.
3. Student Veterans of America. Hawkeye’s chapter has an active presence on campus, with social gatherings, campus events, and outreach.
4. National Recognition. Hawkeye Community College has received numerous accolades for its services for military-connected students, including being named “Best for Vets” by Military Times, a 2016 Military Friendly School, and making the list of Top Colleges and Universities for Military Advanced Education and Transition.
5. You’re Not Alone. Last year, Hawkeye served a total of 336 military-connected students. Of those, 272 used some type of military-related education benefits.
For more information about this program, call 319-296-2329 ext.1212, or visit